CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 25, 2008

There is life after the wedding?


















We had a wonderful honeymoon. It was such a beautiful island, a perfect place to decompress after a 9 month engagement. There is something about the beach that makes me forget anything I stress about at home. Our first full day there we decided to start
off with something exciting....



Our wedding day was wonderful. I was so worried about everything. I didn't know how it was all going to come together. Well, the cakes were great, the flowers were beautiful, all our guest even showed up. It all was ok in the end. We were engaged for awhile, so there was a lot of time to worry about every detail. Looking back now, it seems like it went by so fast. Friends told us to soak the night in, because it would be over before we knew it. It was. It seems like I was walking down the aisle with my dad and a moment later we were driving away in the limo. In the blink of an eye it was all over. Amazing...but now over. You get so wrapped up in the wedding you kind of forget that there is life after it. Although I tried to avoid it, I was a little sad when we got home and it sunk in that the wedding was really over. All that planning. All that over analyzing every decision.I'm glad we had the wedding we did. I hope I never forget how Neil was smiling when
I walked down the aisle. How I felt when they announced us and we had that first dance. After I thought about it I realized the wedding was just the start of our lives together. I had just married the love of my life. The real adventure was just beginning.

3 comments:

Mama Q said...

What you said at the end makes me want to cry. SO sweet! You are so happy and I'm so happy FOR YOU! Keep blogging and it'll get easier. I can't wait to read more! Love you!

Sarah said...

I agree with Ashley, you are so happy! I had so much fun this weekend. Lets hang out with the guys next time. Keep up the blogging!

Emily said...

Hang out with the guys? Like have all the Fammen join us for a weekend? That would be so much fun!!

I'm glad you're blogging. :) I love what your description says about Neil being the only man for you. Y'all are such a sweet couple.